A healthy appetizer is a small meal served before the main meal and it helps in boosting the appetite for taking the main course of the meal. When having a party it is advisable to serve appetizers before the main meal as this will boost the appetite and also reduce the pre-dinner hunger.
Most of the common healthy appetizers are always delicious and their ingredients contents are ever healthy and mostly made up of fresh bell sprinkles and shrimp, fun-to-eat tomato basil, skewers decorated with chunks of tomato and even mozzarella, boost calcium and vitamin c.
When for example you want to prepare a yummy healthy crispy piece of polenta topped with a tangy sun-dried tomato tapenade, you a sure of having a healthy tasty appetizer that will really boost appetite. This kind of appetizer preparation require ingredients like 1 16-ounce tube ready polenta, ends sheared and cut into slices, olive oil cooking spray, 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, 2 tablespoons rinsed capers, 1 small clove garlic, chopped pinch of freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat your broiler, coat a baking sheet cooking spray,
- Place your polenta slices on the prepared baking sheet and then coat with the baking sheet, broil in an oven for 10 to 12 minutes till it becomes golden brown, turn and then broil tightly for 3 more minutes to make it tightly brown.
- Transfer your polenta slices to a clean cutting board and cut each of them into quarters. Top each wedge of polenta with ¼ teaspoon of tapenade.
With this, you will have a healthy nutritious appetizer rich in potassium and sodium with little carbohydrates and zero cholesterol.
At times one can decide to make something to do with baking in the preparation of appetizers, this may call for one to prepare sausage-stuffed mushrooms with a preparation time of 20 minutes. Here the ingredients include 35 large fresh mushrooms, 1 bulk pork sausage, ¼ cup freeze chopped dry chives,2 tablespoon chopped onions,1 finely chopped clove garlic,1/2 cup original Bisquick mix, ¼ cup Italian style dry bread crumbs and ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Preheat your oven, eliminate stems from mushrooms and then chop the stems finely,
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, chopped mushrooms stems, chives, onions, and garlic until the sausage is no longer pink, then drain reserving drippings. Stir Bisquick mix and bread crumbs into a sausage mixture until the mixture is holding together,
- Into each mushroom cap, spoon 1 rounded tablespoon sausage mixture,
- Bake for 16 minutes then serves hot.
This healthy appetizer is nutritious and will make people call for more as it really boosts appetite.